White Rose Weekend 26th to 29th August 2016
The Adderstone, Dalby Forest
This year’s White Rose will take place in Dalby Forest with new maps, including areas not used for orienteering for some years. An excellent camping and event field has been offered by Forest Enterprise with splendid areas of hard standing for parking and camper vans, Favourable rates have been negotiated with Forest Enterprise for the use of the Forest Drive over the weekend.
Old boundary wall near the Adderstone, Dalby Forest
The familiar programme of events will be offered as in previous years. In addition, the event centre will be very close to all the other attractions of the forest and surrounding area including the attractive towns of Pickering with the North York Moors Railway, Malton and Kirkbymoorside and above all the incomparable Moors themselves!
Course and Event details (Individual)
White Rose Trophies are awarded on results based on the cumulative times for Saturday’s Middle Distance and Sunday’s Classic Races. Prizes (iconic mugs!) will be awarded to the first three in all age-group classes. To qualify for a White Rose trophy:
- Competitors must have entered for both days prior to closure of Registration on Saturday morning.
- Must run the colour course applicable to their class as shown here.
Ever thought of joining the White Rose Team of volunteers?
- White Rose 2016 has a great team of experienced planners and team leaders from within Eborienteers. However we need about 50 – 55 volunteers to run the weekend – not only just helping at the 5 main races, but also looking after the campsite, car park, utilities and many other jobs.
- DID YOU KNOW that last year nearly a third of the 50-odd volunteer helpers at White Rose Weekend were not Eborienteers members, but were from various other orienteering clubs around the country.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about volunteering/helping at White Rose Weekend. No experience needed and volunteering won’t affect your competitive status unless (of course) you are putting out controls.
- And there are big discounts on entry fees and free camping for all helpers